Types of System and Project:
Hydronics is the use of a liquid heat-transfer medium in heating and cooling systems.
Forge Mechanical specializes in hydronic systems.
Forge Mechanical has extensive experience in the design, installation and maintenance of hydronic heating and cooling systems and the automation packages that control those systems. We have been told that on a per employee basis, we have installed more hydronic in-floor radiant systems than any other contractor in Northern Colorado. Forge Mechanical has pioneered “radiant cooling systems” that turn radiant in-floor systems into heat absorbers during the cooling season.
Forge Mechanical has designed, built and is proud to offer the following types of system:
- Boiler based: High and ultra-high efficiency boiler based space heating serving all combinations of in-floor radiant, radiators, fin-tube baseboard and snow-melting for custom homes, multi-family and commercial applications. These systems are frequently paired with indirect fired domestic water heaters that are powered by the boiler.
- Geo-thermal: Hydronic geo-thermal heat pump based in-floor radiant heating and cooling systems. These systems have been paired with photo-voltaic and solar thermal panels to achieve net-zero on several of the homes we have “design/built” radiant heated and cooled systems in.
- Solar thermal systems: Forge Mechanical has installed numerous solar thermal systems for both domestic water heating and space heating assist to radiant systems. Systems we have installed range from two collectors to 50 collectors.
- Boiler upgrades: For residential homes, multi-family buildings and commercial buildings.
- Maintenance: Forge Mechanical maintains all the projects we install and provides service for property management firms.
- Engineering and Design Consultation for Hydronic Systems